Phase 1 Reopening of FUMC of Corsicana
Per the April 27th, 2020 notice from the Texas Attorney General
May 3 – Worship ONLINE ONLY. Everything else as it has been.
May 10 (Mother’s Day) – Worship ONLINE ONLY. Everything else as it has been.
May 17 – Begin Phase 1 soft reopen, with the following criteria:
- Everyone is encouraged to CONTINUE WORSHIPPING ONLINE (we will continue to livestream all of our worship services), but our normal Sunday worship schedule will be open for “in person” worship as well.
- Our “in person” 8:30 Sanctuary Service will TEMPORARILY be for those who are HIGH RISK (people who are 65 years of age or older, OR people of all ages with underlying medical conditions).
- 8:45 Jeme, 10:50 Sanctuary, and 11:00 Current services will be available for all.
- We encourage those attending “in person” worship to wear a mask. We will have masks available for those who do not wear one to “in person” worship.
- Please do not attend “in person” worship if you have a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish, or if you have had close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Entrance to the facility will only be through the two sliding glass doors (by and Elevator AND under the Portico). The doors under the Portico will become “Exit Only” 10 minutes after the start of the 8:45 a.m. Jeme worship service and the 11:00 a.m. Current service.
- Ushers or Greeters will be stationed at those two entrances and will take the temperature of all individuals wishing to enter the facility (forehead thermometer). If a person has a temperature of 100 or greater degrees Fahrenheit, they will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Please use the available hand sanitizer as well as other good hygiene practices.
- Please practice appropriate social distancing (family units can sit together).
- There will be no bulletin, nursery, or children’s ministry available. We will not gather for Fellowship, Sunday School, or “in person” Bible Study yet either.
- The offering plates will be stationed at the doors, and you can offer your gifts/tithe to God there upon entrance or exit from the worship spaces.
- We will clean/disinfect our worship spaces between services and throughout the week.
- We will plan on celebrating the Sacrament of Holy Communion together on June 7th (all services), but not before.
- The church office will be open beginning Tuesday, May 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.